What your doctors in Dothan, Alabama want you to know about sexually-transmitted disease testing.
Sexually-transmitted diseases, also known as STDs, can attack your body, causing symptoms that range from annoying to painful. Fortunately, thanks to modern medicine, there is effective testing that can be done to identify an STD so you can get appropriate treatment. Your doctors at Women’s Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama want to share why STD testing is important for you.
STD testing is important if you are just beginning a sexual relationship. You and your partner deserve to have a healthy, happy relationship. You should also consider STD testing if you or your partner:
- Practice unprotected sex
- Have sex with multiple partners
- Use intravenous drugs
- Have had sex with an intravenous drug user
You should also have STD testing if you or your partner are beginning to show symptoms. Some of the signs and symptoms to look for include:
- Sores, lesions, or warts on your genitals
- Itching or burning when you urinate
- Discharge from your penis or vagina
STDs may or may not show any symptoms. It is only through STD testing that you will know for sure whether you have an STD. At Women’s Medical Center they offer several effective screening and testing services including:
- A blood test which checks for herpes, HIV/AIDS, PID, hepatitis B, cytomegalovirus and syphilis
- A cell test which checks for gonorrhea, chlamydia, scabies and genital warts
- A discharge test which checks for chlamydia, vaginosis, PID, herpes, gonorrhea and syphilis
You and your partner deserve a healthy sexual relationship and STD testing can help. Early diagnosis of an STD means early treatment and a faster, better outcome for you and your partner. For more information about STD testing call your doctors at Women’s Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama. STD testing can keep you healthy, so call today!