Posts for: November, 2020
How your doctors in Dothan, Alabama can help you have a baby.
Having a baby is a wonderful life event, but what if you have been unable to get pregnant? You may think you will never get pregnant, and that you are destined to not have children. The truth is, your doctor can provide several effective treatment options for infertility. The doctors at Women’s Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama can help you have a baby.
Infertility is more common than you think. In fact, according to the Mayo Clinic, infertility affects 10 to 15 percent of couples. Men and women are affected equally by infertility issues.
If you’ve been regularly having intercourse with your partner for the last year without success, you may be infertile. There are many causes of infertility which include having:
- A long menstrual cycle of over 35 days
- A short menstrual cycle of less than 21 days
- Missing or irregular periods
- A low sperm count
At Women’s Medical Center, your doctor will perform a series of tests to determine the cause of infertility. Once the cause is determined, a treatment plan can be developed, designed to help you have a baby.
Your infertility treatment will involve either restoring fertility, or assisted reproduction with medical techniques.
To restore fertility, your treatment may include medications. Some of the most common fertility medications are:
- Clomiphene citrate, to stimulate your ovaries to ovulate
- Gonadotropins, to stimulate your ovaries to increase the production of eggs
- Metformin, to treat infertility caused by insulin-resistance
- Letrozole, to induce you to ovulate
- Bromocriptine, to treat ovulation problems resulting from the excess pituitary function
Medically assisted fertility treatments may include:
- Surgery, to remove growths which are preventing your ability to get pregnant
- Surgically reversing a tubal ligation or to open blocked fallopian tubes
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI), which involves placing sperm inside the uterus
- Assisted reproduction (IVF), which involves combining the sperm and eggs in a laboratory setting and then implanting the embryo into the uterus
If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, it’s time to seek out the help of the experts. It’s time to call the doctors of Women's Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama at (334) 793-3900. Call today.