Posts for: December, 2019
How your gynecologists in Dothan, Alabama can help you.
If you are having trouble getting pregnant, it could be more than just bad timing. You could be struggling with infertility. If this is the case, you aren’t alone. In fact, 10 to 15 percent of couples are affected by infertility, according to the Mayo Clinic. Both men and women suffer from infertility issues, but the good news is, your gynecologist can help. The gynecologists at Women's Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama offer a wide range of women’s services, including infertility treatment.
There are some definite signs and symptoms of infertility. You may be struggling with infertility if you have:
- A lengthy menstrual cycle of over 35 days
- A brief menstrual cycle of less than 21 days
- Absent or irregular periods
- A partner with a low sperm count
Your gynecologists can help to restore fertility. They will need to first run a few tests to determine how best to treat your infertility. Fertility can be restored using two different methods which include using medications to help with conception, or using medical techniques to help you conceive.
If your gynecologist recommends medications, these are some of the most common medications to increase fertility:
- Clomiphene citrate, which stimulates you to ovulate
- Gonadotropins, which stimulates increased egg production
- Metformin, which treats insulin-resistance, a cause of infertility
- Letrozole, which induces ovulation
- Bromocriptine, which eliminates ovulation issues due to excess pituitary function
If your gynecologist recommends fertility assistance using medical techniques, some techniques which can help include:
- Removing growths with surgery
- Reversing a tubal ligation with surgery
- Unblocking fallopian tubes with surgery
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI), to place sperm inside the uterus
- Assisted reproduction (IVF), to combine sperm and eggs outside the womb and place the embryo in the uterus
If you are having trouble getting pregnant, it can be frustrating. You need to talk to the experts. you need to call the gynecologists at Women's Medical Center in Dothan, Alabama. Call today.